Followers

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Friends, food and fun!



Chicago was such a blast!  I had a wonderful time hanging out with Lisa and Mike this past weekend.  I left work around 2:30 on Friday afternoon and made it to Chicago in great time.  Without traffic it would take 3 hours and since it was Friday I thought the Chicago traffic would be horrible.  It really wasn't too bad and I ended up making it in 3 1/2 hours and I even made a stop at a gas station on the way.  While waiting for the restroom I saw something I've never run across before...
pickle in a BAG!  One of the reasons I find this so disturbing is because it isn't even refrigerated.  Just lukewarm pickle in a bag...gross!
 

After I arrived we went over to the grocery store to pick up some food.  We planning on being low key on Friday and not really going out.  The grocery store was so cool!! You could buy anything from their meat or deli counter and they would grill it up for you right in the store.  Fresh takeout!  People were buying shrimp, lobster tails, chicken and they were grilling for those people to take home.  It was awesome! We went with a burger and added grilled asparagus and bought a bag of chips.  There was a wine bar on the first floor of the grocery store so we took our freshly made burgers to the bar and got a bottle of wine.  It was such an easy/cheap dinner!  I loved it!


We woke up on Saturday morning (it was amazing that I got to sleep past 6:00 without a Keaton wake up call!!) and went to get a pedicure.  After our pedicure it was time for more food so off to lunch we went.  Lisa and Mike live in the West Loop area.  There is a restaurant around the corner from their condo called Girl and the Goat.  It is owned by Stephanie Izard, season 4 winner of Top Chef on Bravo. 

 
 
The Girl and the Goat is a little bit out of our price range and is only open for dinner...BUT, she opened The Little Goat Diner across the street from her upscale restaurant and it is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Luckily it was only a 20 minute wait and we got seated fairly quickly.  The decor at the diner was stunning and I loved every part of it!  The wallpaper was amazing and this light fixture was so pretty.

 
Everything on the menu looked tasty and I ended up getting the fish tostadas.  Holy cow, this meal is definitely at the top my list!  My mouth is watering just looking at this picture.  It had cilantro, cabbage, chick peas, perfectly lightly breaded fish, crunchy tostada shells with a creamy sauce. 
 

As you can see, I really liked it!

 
After lunch we went back to the condo and relaxed on the couch and caught up on some DVR'd shows.  It was nice to have some down time before going out that night!  

 
We started at a Mexican restaurant (I can't recall the name) with margarita's and some yummy food.  (sorry for the blurry picture) The margarita's were awesome!
 

 
After dinner we did some bar hopping and had so much fun!  It was so great to spend time with Lisa and Mike and I can't wait until we can do it again!


The Sunday morning drive back to Indianapolis, was helped by a large iced coffee and a few donuts for the road. (not all of those donuts were mine!)  I got home just in time to get Keaton after he woke up from his nap and I was so happy to see him and Drew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment