Followers

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!



Better late than never with the Valentines day post!  The weather in Indianapolis has been so cold and snowy this winter and Valentines Day was no exception.  What was expected to be 1-2 inches ended up in about 5 inches!  Keaton spent the day with Gamma playing and cooking pink heart cakes and cupcakes.  They were so cute!!






Keaton wore his Mickey Mouse t-shirt and also make us a hand print drawing!  Adorable!!






My office ended up closing around 3:30 because of the snow and it took me an hour and half to get home.  As soon as I got home Drew and I turned around and tried to make our 6:00 reservation at Fleming's.  Luckily we made it and got our table right away.  The roads were so bad and traffic was horrible, but we were able to relax and enjoy our amazing dinner.  We had a gift card to Fleming's that was a Christmas present from my dad and step-mom and we definitely used it!  I had the Valentine's Day special dinner which started with a scallop over cheesy risotto, followed by a Cesar salad.  My main course was a petite filet and a lobster tail with cheesy jalapeno potatoes.  Drew had the bone-in ribeye and both steaks did not disappoint.  We shared the first few courses and the potatoes and had the cinnamon sugar donuts for dessert.  Dessert was really our only disappointment. The doughnuts were over cooked and not warm and soft.  Overall a wonderful dinner!  

Drew and I don't really buy each other gifts for holidays.  We usually like to spend our money on home improvement but this year Drew got me some flowers, a card, and one of my favorite candies...red vines. NOT Twizzlers...Twizzlers are like eating wax, but red vines are awesome!  I found some "coupons" on Pinterest and printed out a book of fun things for Drew.  The "love coupons" included a free weekend away, a back rub, dinner cooked by me, dessert night and a few others.  I found the coupons at this website http://www.iheartnaptime.net/printable-love-coupon-book/.  

We took a quick family picture before leaving for dinner. 



Valentine's Day 2014 was a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment