Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Guest room updates

We are busy trying to finish a few projects before the baby gets here!  We wanted to make our guest room a little more functional since we know we will be having guests more frequently.  I also wanted a space to be able to do my fun projects that was all mine.  Drew has his area in the garage and most of the time I was in the kitchen, but we put in a fun space in the guest room that is all mine!!

Here is the before shot of the guest room.  The yellow paint was in EVERY room in this house when we moved in.  Drew has painted all the rooms except for the master bathroom.  Everything looks so much better when it is not just one blah color!


We decided to go with neutral white walls because I wanted to be able to use bright fun pictures and furnishings and I wanted the bright colors to stand out.   Below is the picture of the newly painted walls and a shot of the little nook that is in the room.  We decided it would be a great place to build a desk and some shelves so I could have that area to do projects!


I have been seeing all of these fun chalkboard painted walls lately so I decided to get in on the trend!  My handy husband went to work painting  a chalkboard wall and building me shelves and a desk. The cool part about the chalkboard wall is that you can't see it when you walk into the room. You have to be sitting a the desk to see it, so it doesn't stand out as a big black wall in a white room.




Now for the big reveal...I LOVE it so much!!!  It is such a functional space, where before it was just wasted space.  Of course, now I have to do some more shopping for accessories and baskets to fill the area!


2 comments: